Whether for admission or course requirement completion, you must send transcripts from other schools according to these guidelines.


Official transcripts must be sent from the institutions you attended in a sealed envelope. We also accept transcripts from approved third parties such as Parchment, Credentials Solutions and National Student Clearinghouse. We cannot accept faxed, emailed, scanned, advising copy, campus use only or web-produced transcripts.

If your transcripts include a former first or last name, inform the Enrollment Center to minimize processing delays. 

If you order your official transcript electronically and you are required to provide a Madison College school email, using enrollmentservices@madisoncollege.edu will allow us to receive the inbound transcript. Official electronic transcripts must be sent by an approved third party. We are unable to accept self-submissions of electronic transcripts.  

Test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to be considered official. Madison College does not accept copies of student score reports or scores listed on high school transcripts. 

Any unofficial transcripts or test scores received by the college will not be linked to student academic records and will be confidentially destroyed upon receipt. 


Official transcripts will be electronically imaged once received by the Enrollment Center. The original documents will be destroyed. Imaged documents are kept on file for three years. After this time, you may need to resubmit your transcripts.


Transcripts and test scores submitted to Madison College become the property of the college and cannot be returned to you. If you would like a copy of your transcript or test scores, contact the institution or the testing agency that originated the document and request copies to be sent directly to you.

High school transcript

If you are currently in high school or charter school, submit your official in-progress transcript with your admissions application. After graduation, submit your final official transcript. High schools will notify Madison College if an applicant does not graduate, at which time Madison College will contact the applicant with alternative options. 

GED/HSED Documentation

Students that have completed their GED or HSED at Madison College may work with the Testing Center to get official documentation submitted to the admissions department.

Students that have completed their GED or HSED at other locations must submit official score reports from the awarding state agency. Score reports must be sent directly from the official testing agency. We cannot accept student score reports or test scores printed on high school transcripts. 

Students that have completed the GED02 must submit official transcripts from the awarding high school. 

Home school transcript

Home-schooled students should submit a transcript produced by the home schooling agent responsible for the instruction of the student. The transcript should list courses with grades and the grading scheme, or may simply include detailed course descriptions. The transcript must be signed with an original ink signature and dated by the agent.

Closed schools

If your high school or college has closed, you should contact your local or State Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to order an official document.

If a public or private school record no longer exists, contact DPI to request the following on official DPI letterhead: name of school, year school closed, name of student, and, if recorded, the year graduated. The letter must be signed with an original ink signature and dated by a DPI representative. You may then submit that letter to Madison College.

Contact Enrollment Services

Madison Truax Campus
Main Building, A1000

1701 Wright Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53704

Fax: 608.243.4353

Summer Hours

In-Person & Virtual Service Hours through August 15

  • Monday – Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
  • Friday: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm